Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Review of Dragons of Autumn Twilight: Chronicles, Volume One (Dragonlance Chronicles)



A great start to the series...and I can't wait to read the second book.

I usually write long reviews, but I'm going to keep it simple with this one. This was a fun and entertaining read, and it really fulfilled my craving for a classic sword/sorcery book along the lines of Dungeons & Dragons. I absolutely loved the characters (all of them are engaging in their own way), so it's nice to know that more books follow. Otherwise, it would be a big letdown, because I found myself forming an attachment to each one of them.

There were some minor issues I had with the book, such as the story dragging in some places, multiple viewpoints in the same scene (not staying with the primary character's point of view), and different scenes bleeding into one another (no scene break in some instances). However, it didn't diminish my reading pleasure enough to give it four stars. I would probably rate it 4-1/2 stars, but it's still deserving of five stars when all is said and done.

I also plan on reading some of the other related series, which provide background/back stories for some of the individual characters. There are so many books to read, which is a good thing!


http://www.amazon.com/Dragons-Autumn-Twilight-Chronicles-Dragonlance-ebook/dp/B004G606K8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

No comments:

Post a Comment