Saturday, February 8, 2014

Women in Horror Month - Review of "Cure: A Strandville Zombie Novel" by Belinda Frisch

****Four Stars

This was my first time reading Belinda Frisch, and I came away very impressed. Her writing style is both smooth and engaging, which made this an easy and quick read for me. Her background in healthcare is apparent, too, as the book read very intelligently from a science/medical standpoint. Having personally lost a child to stillbirth, I can relate to Miranda and Scott. I felt their pain throughout the story, and I think this loss really drives the series. As some reviewers have mentioned, we are introduced to a barrage of characters, which can make following all of them a task at times. The constant movement of these characters (several small groups) within the clinic--ascending and descending between the basement and upper floors--only adds to the confusion, but it's a minor drawback in what I considered to be an overall enjoyable read. Belinda does a great job of setting us up for the sequel, and it will be interesting to see what's in store for the remaining characters.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2A6WSF2S72EE6/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0088QHDCQ&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=



No comments:

Post a Comment