Saturday, February 1, 2014

Review of Blake Crouch's Wayward (Book Two of the Wayward Pines Series)

*****Five Stars

I didn't realize at the time of reading the first book, Pines, that this was going to be a trilogy series. When I found out other books would be following, I never hesitated to pick up Wayward. I'm the type of reader who can lose interest in longer works unless they keep me engaged. Because of this, I rarely finish full-length novels. Blake Crouch, however, never lost my interest. Despite the limited reading time I sometimes have, I managed to finish Wayward in just a few days. I literally couldn't stop reading it. I stayed up late on a couple occasions because I had to know what was coming next. It sounds cliche, but Crouch has an uncanny ability to keep me turning the page. I was afraid this book would be a filler for the final installment, but I was wrong. There was so much going on here (different subplots, further character development, unexpected twists, etc.). Crouch has a smooth and simple writing style, and he moves at such a great pace. You never feel like things are dragging out. The end absolutely surprised me...I wasn't anticipating it at all. I can't wait to read the final book of the series when it's released this summer. If you are going to read this book, and I highly recommend you do, do yourself justice by picking up the first book of the series. It will make the transition much easier and the overall experience even better.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R16U8QC2YGWFGA/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00C1IPQZ8&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=



No comments:

Post a Comment