Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Night of the Beasts by Eric S. Brown



Five Stars
"A great teaser for his longer work(s)"

I've heard great things about Eric's Bigfoot series, but I haven't found the time to read it yet. However, after reading this short story, I have to say that these books will be high on my priority list. Even though this story takes place in the world of Bigfoot War II: Dead in the Woods and acts as a perfect introduction/lead-in to this book, it has piqued my interest in the entire series now. What I felt was lacking a little bit in Eric's "Into the Light" book can definitely be found here. He does a superb job of fleshing out the character (no pun intended) for such a short piece and building up the suspense in the process. The story is well-written and Eric's simple style effectively engages the reader. I said I'd give Eric a second chance, and I'm glad I did. I look forward to reading his longer Bigfoot works in the near future.

http://www.amazon.com/Eric-S.-Brown/e/B004G6XP7E/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

No comments:

Post a Comment